Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro is a mid range Jelly Bean based smartphone that comes with decent performances, as the specs and features list is good enough though not high end as the name might suggest. Anyway, the handset is coming with Android Jelly Bean OS along with a quad core processor, so you will be able to run the latest apps, tools and games available on Google Play. Anyway, you can do even more, as you can anytime power the performances of your handset; that’s right and all you have to do is to follow and complete this step by step guide for learning how to easily root your Galaxy Grand Quattro.
Gaining root access is extremely important because this is the first step to complete when looking into improving the performances of your Android based handset. Why? Well, on a rooted device you can install complex apps (like CWM recovery which can be used for maintenance, optimization and customization operations), update with custom ROMs firmware (for getting extra features –that cannot be found in the default version of the Jelly Bean software – and for customizing the Android system) or overclocking the CPU (increase the maximum frequency for improving the speeds – read this step by step guide for learning more about overclocking Android devices).
Besides, if you root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro, you will be able to access the internal system of your smartphone. So, you will be able to improve the battery life by removing in built programs, increase the speeds by deactivating default processes, power up the performances by installing new features and apps and customizing the OS by changing the looks. Also, on a rooted system you can download and install complex tools that are requiring root access in order to run properly. As you can see, there are many reasons why you should root your Grand Quattro handset.
If you had decided to complete this tutorial, then wait a couple of minutes and check the following lines. Don’t head straight to the steps from below as you can end up in bricking your phone. First take note that this operation is complex and risky – read all the lines from this guide. Then, you should know that by rooting you will void the Galaxy Grand Quattro warranty. So, yes this operation is not official, but you shouldn’t worry as you can restore the warranty when needed – you will have to unroot your Galaxy Grand Quattro, or you will have to downgrade / update your device to stock / official Android Jelly Bean OS.
Now, the best is that by using this guide you will be able to do both root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro, which means that you don’t have to worry about the warranty anymore. Be aware though, as if you mess things up, then you might brick your phone, and you don’t want that to happen – if you do have problems try to fix the issues by following this tutorial.
Also, in order to make things right first of all prepare your smartphone for the root operation that will follow. The pre requisites are referring to:
- Make a backup – your data might get wiped out so you will probably lose everything that’s important for you. So, save the EFS, call logs, market apps, contacts list and the rest of your personal info.
- After rooting you will be able to install a custom recovery image for performing more complex backups – such as Nandroid backup.
- You need to use a computer with internet connection enabled; your handset and its USB cable will also be required.
- On your Grand Quattro go and enable the USB debugging option, by going here: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- If on your computer there are security tools installed, like antivirus or antimalware, before going any further, deactivate or uninstall the programs – these tools are interfering with the root operation.
- Charge the handset by plugging in its charger. If your phone has less than 60% power left, while rooting the system, it might get turned off and bricked – so, if the power is under 60% charge the Galaxy grand Quattro, if not skip this step.
- This step by step guide is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro and will teach you how to easily root and unroot the system. So, don’t try to use the next steps if you own a similar or different smartphone because you will probably end up in damaging or even bricking your Android powered device.
- Install the Galaxy Grand Quattro drivers on your computer.
- You can get the drivers manually, or you can use Samsung KIES for the same.
- Then, on your computer download the rooting package.
- You can get the proper file from here.
- Save the file on desktop.
- Unzip the root package – you will obtain a file dubbed as Framaroot APK.
- Connect your smartphone with the computer by plugging in the USB cable.
- Select the Framaroot APK file and copy-paste, or drag and drop, the file on your device.
- Remove the USB cable as the computer is no longer required.
- Run the app on your handset by tapping on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, you can root and also un-root your phone.
- After gaining root access, from the app select “install super user” or “install SU”.
- If somehow, during the root / unroot operation your device is getting stuck, you need to power it off; then you have to repeat the process from the beginning.
Good job. Now you know how to easily root (and unroot when needed) your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro. Therefore, your handset is being prepared for further changes and improvements, meaning that you can look forward in installing a custom ROM firmware. Anyway, do note that now you will not be able to receive the official updates as on a rooted system the OTA releases can’t be received or applied – you will have to use manual update methods instead.
Do share your experience with us, and if you had problems while using the root operation explained above, use the comments area and contact us; we will try to resolve the problems as soon as possible.