This android app will install application Superuser and su binary on phone by one click . Look at the compatibility lists below to see if this application can be useful for you.
Feedbacks on compatibility devices will be greatly appreciated in order to update the compatibility list.
Superuser and su binary include in application work from android 2 to 4.
!! Important !!
Success with this application void warranty on your device.
Read the FAQ before posting your question.
Version 1.6.1 : Remove Superuser as it fail to install. Add execution support from adb command line.
Version 1.6.0 : Add Pippin exploit (potentially affect Huawei K3V2 based devices)
Version 1.5.3 : An attempt to fix Gandalf error#10
Version 1.5.2 : Revert to exploitation fix included in 1.4.1. Add Slovakian and Italian languages. Error # added in toast message when exploit failed (report the error number in this thread so I could give you the reason of failure). Previously fix for Framaroot crash was a dirty hack, with this version you shouldn’t encounter crash.
Version 1.5.1 : Should fix Framaroot crashes.
Version 1.5.0 : Add Boromir exploit (potentially affect many Mediatek based devices).
Version 1.4.3 : Update SuperSU to 1.34. Rewrote the fix include in 1.4.1 for better but slower exploitation.
Version 1.4.2 : Add Russian and French languages. Add scrollbar for exploit list. Update SuperSU to 1.30
Version 1.4.1 : Fix a bug in exploitation due to the different kernel data alignement between version and devices, so if exploits didn’t work before it “may” work with this version if your device is vulnerable
Version 1.4 : Add Gandalf exploit (potentially affect Qualcomm based devices, tested on Nexus 4, as always feedbacks are welcome)
Version 1.3 : Add Aragorn and Legolas exploits (could affect wide range of samsung devices including non exynos devices, please give feedbacks for your devices. Thanks)
Version 1.2.1 : Fix unroot bug. Improvements for exploitation. Embed SuperSU 1.25
Version 1.2 : Add possibility to Install Superuser, Install SuperSU and Unroot
Version 1.1 : Frodo exploit added
Version 1.0 : Initial release
Compatibility for Qualcomm devices (Gandalf exploit only) :
- Asus Padfone 1/2
- Asus Padfone Infinity
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700KL
- BW T18+ (Fortis Evo)
- Cloudfone Thrill 430x
- Disgo 8400g
- DNS S4504/S4503/S4502
- FAEA F1
- Gigabyte GSmart G1315 Skate
- Gigabyte GSmart Rio R1
- Google Nexus 4
- Highscreen Spark/OMEGA Q/Blast/Strike/Boost
- HTC One S
- Huawei Honor Pro (U8950-1)
- Huawei U8815/U8816 Ascend G300/G301
- Huawei U8825D Ascend G330D
- Karbonn Titanium S5
- Kyocera Torque
- Lenovo S870E
- LG Nitro HD
- LG L7 II P710/P714/P715
- LG Optimus F5 (P875)
- LG Optimus G E970/E975
- LG Optimus L3 II E425
- LG Optimus L5 E610/612/615
- LG Optimus L7 II P710/P713/ P714/P715
- LG Optimus L7 P700/Р705
- LG Optimus LTE 2
- MEDION LIFE P4013
- Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle
- Oppo Find 5
- Orange Nivo
- Pantech Discover
- Pantech IM-A840S Vega S5
- Samsung Galaxy Win I8552
- Sharp Aquos Phone SH930W
- Sony Xperia E C1505/Dual C1605
- Sony Xperia L C210X
- teXet TM-3204R
- teXet TM-4677
- Xiaomi Mi-2S
- ZTE V880G/ZTE V955
- Symphony zii
Compatibility for MTK devices (Boromir exploit only) :
- Alcatel OT 4030D S’POP
- Alcatel OT 8008D Scribe HD
- Alcatel OT 997D
- Alcatel OT Idol 6030X/6030D/6030H
- Amoi N828
- ASUS Memo Pad HD 7
- Chinese Star S7589
- DAXIAN XY100S
- Explay HD Quad
- Explay infinity II
- Explay Polo
- Explay Surfer 7.32 3G
- Explay Surfer 8.31 3G
- Fly IQ440 Energie
- Fly IQ441 Radiance
- Fly IQ442 Miracle
- Fly IQ443 Trend
- Fly IQ446 Magic
- Fly IQ450 Quattro Horizon 2
- Fly IQ451
- GoClever Fone 570Q
- Haipai I9389
- Highscreen Alpha GTX
- HKC Q79 3G
- Huawei U8836D G500 Pro
- IconBIT NetTAB Space 3G Duo
- iOcean X7
- Jiayu G2
- Jiayu G3S
- Jiayu G4
- KENEKSI Beta
- Lava iris 405
- Lenovo IdeaPhone P700i
- Lenovo IdeaPhone S720
- Lenovo IdeaTab A3000-H
- Lenovo IdeaTab S6000-H
- Lenovo P770
- Lenovo S820, S920, A390
- Micromax Canvas HD
- Motorola RAZR D3
- Newman N1
- Oppo findway U7015
- OUMEI X5
- Philips W536
- Philips W736
- Prestigio MultiPhone 4055
- Prestigio MultiPhone PAP 4505DUO
- Sharp AQUOS SH837W
- Star S5 Butterfly
- TeXet NaviPad TM-7055HD
- Texet TM-5277
- THL V12
- THL W100 (130711)
- THL W200
- ZOPO C2 Platinum
- ZOPO ZP 910
- ZOPO ZP300+
- ZOPO ZP900 Leader
- ZTE V880G/H
- ZTE V987 Grand X Quad
- Waiting feedbacks …
Compatibility for Huawei K3V2 devices (Pippin exploit only) :
Compatibility for Samsung devices (Legolas and Aragorn exploits only) :
- Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8262
- Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C
- Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S6312/GT-S6310
- Samsung Lightray SCH-R940
- Waiting feedbacks …
Compatibility for Exynos devices (Sam, Frodo, Legolas and Aragorn exploits only) :
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
- Highscreen Explosion
- Hyundai T7s
- Impression 9702 (Exynos 4412)
- Lenovo K860/К860i
- Newman N2
- Meizu MX2
- Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000
- Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T SGH-I777
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch – SPH-D710
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6200/GT-P6210
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800/GT-P6810
- Samsung SGH-i997 Infuse 4G
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T-889
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
- iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G and CoreX4 3G
Compatibility for Omap36XX devices (Gimli exploit only) :
- Archos Gen8
- Cliq 2 MB611
- Coolpad Quattro 4G
- Droid 2 (a955)
- Droid 2 Global (a956)
- Droid X (MB810)
- LG Marquee LS855
- LG P970 Optimus Black
- Motorola DEFY+ (MB525 / MB526)
- Motorola Droid PRO
- Motorola Droid X
- Motorola XPRT
- Parrot ASTEROID Smart
- R2D2 (a957)
Possible case once application is launched
- A popup saying “Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot”, in this case you can uninstall app
- You seeing one or more exploit name, also click on one after you have selected an action and you will see one of the above messages
Possible case once exploit is launched
- “Success … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- “Failed … Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed”
- “Half-Success :-/ … system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root”, happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
- “Failed … Try another exploit if available”
Is framaroot work on my device ?
If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes.
If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.
Why framaroot doesn’t root anymore after I update my device ?
Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can’t root your device anymore. Framaroot’s exploits have a very short life to keep your device “less exposed” to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.
I loose root after update, what I can do to root my device now ?
An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don’t update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don’t flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device
Will framaroot include more exploits ?
Yes, but don’t ask when since I don’t know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.
Framaroot crash when I select Gandalf exploit ?
Often the first time you launch Framaroot by selecting Gandalf as exploit, it crash Framaroot. Don’t worry, in this case you have to re-launch Framaroot and select Gandalf again, the second time it should work.
What means error# on result ?
All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable.
If you get error#10, give a try with Framaroot 1.5.3.
All other errors need some investigation about your kernel image.
Download Framaroot v1.61 APK:
Download Framaroot v1.60 APK :