Runedrune, an XDA member and developer, has managed to compile a working experimental build of CyanogenMod 11 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with it in order to test one of the most popular custom ROMs.
This custom build is still in its testing phase and the version you’ll find in this post is an early one, so you should expect to find errors and bugs while testing it. Learn more about this unofficial CM11 Custom ROM in its XDA thread here.
Before starting the installation, take a look at the preparation info below and learn how to successfully configure your device:
- Use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9500.
- don’t attempt to update any other devices with the files that you find in this post, as you will end up bricking them.
- The Galaxy S4 that you’re about to update should be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery version.
- The tutorial tells you to wipe data and factory reset the device, which you shouldn’t skip.
- Factory reset wipes all data from the system partition, but it will not affect the internal / external storage parts of your device.
- Backup data from installed apps with Helium tool from Google Play Store here.
- Backup SMS and APN Internet Settings with these apps: SMS backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync your Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
- if you don’t know how to do it, then follow the info listed here.
- USB Debugging has to be enabled in Developer Options.
- In the how-to part of this post you’ll find the ‘nandroid backup’ step, which you shouldn’t skip.
- creating such restore point will come in handy in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
- This is a guide for advanced users, read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
- Do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Check the phone’s battery power levels and make sure that these are over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
Since you’ve gone past all of the above preparation guidelines you can continue to the next part of this post.
- Download the custom ROM file from here.
- Download Gapps for this custom ROM from here.
- Connect your phone with your PC, then move all zip files to its internal storage.
- after the files are copied to your device, disconnect the phone from computer.
- do not unzip the archived contents.
- Power off your phone now.
- Boot the Galaxy S4 in CWM Recovery Mode.
- if you don’t know how to boot custom Recovery, read the info here.
- When the device is in custom Recovery, the first that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup of your currently installed ROM:
- select ‘backup and restore’ option, then save the file on the internal / external sdcard.
- continue to the next step when done.
- Next, apply the Factory Reset:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- don’t skip this step as the phone will not boot with the new ROM.
- Now you can flash the Unofficial CM 11 custom ROM:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Unofficial CM11 build file and confirm its installation.
- After the ROM is installed you should repeat step 8 actions and flash the Gapps zip as well.
- Return to the main CWM Recovery screen when all files are successfully installed on your phone.
- Now, reboot your device in normal mode.
- wait for the first boot process to complete and for the CM 11 home screen to appear.
- Create your CM / Google Account and then take control over your device. Start testing all of its features and see if you can use this new ROM on a daily basis.
In case the first boot process takes more then five minutes to complete, then you should power off the Galaxy S4 and after that try to repeat the entire tutorial once again. Also, you can ask for more help in comments.
These were all the steps that you had to follow and I hope that you did manage to complete the installation in no time.
There is no official word on the release of official CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies, but it shouldn’t take long until will appear. Keep an eye on our website and Galaxy S4 Update section to find out when the release of CM 11 Nightlies official builds takes place.
Previous Post «« Themer – Easiest Way to Theme your Android : Review
Tags: 3D, 5d, a1, Action, Android, android 4.4, Andy, apn, Arc, Backup, Battery, Brick, build, Car, Card, Client, cm, cm 1, cm 11, CM11, contact, Contacts, Control, Custom, custom rom, custom roms, cwm, Cyanogen, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 11, cyanogenmod 11 i9500 download, data, download dan instal cm11 rom untuk s4 i9500, Eps., eset, External, Eye, Flash, fm, Full, Galaxy, Galaxy S4, gapps, Gmail, Google Play, Google Play Store, gym, Handy, Heli, Helium, home screen, how to, I9500, Internet, Koush, LED, line, Mail, Mod, Nandroid, Need, Next, PARTITION, pes, pie, play store, Pop, Power, Pro, Rage, Reboot, Recover, RECOVERY, recovery mode, Restore, ROMs, Root, Rooted, RTS, Run, Running, Samsung, samsung galaxy, sdcard, Ski, slot, Smart, SMS, sms backup, Star, Start, Sync, System, take control, Thumb, Tool, txt, UNO, Unofficial, unofficial cyanogenmod 11 i9500 free download, usb, vgu, Web, Word, xda